Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sketches and first page of Comic

Below are a number of sketches I've done int he past month.

The first two images are of a comic I'm working on called Refit.


Above: Close-up of the first two panels of Refit. These are the establishing shots. The first is a back-drop shot of Baghdad. The second panel establishes where the next few pages will be occurring and that this is a guarded building.

Below: The full page. I used mainly a 2H over th 4H sketch. A 2B was used only for the darkest areas. The guy looking at the pot is named Frank Slide. I like that name.


Below: Modeled after a photo of House. Me at my most whimsical.... the patient has a bone arm, which doesn't show up so well in this scan.


















Wolverine and Sabertooth. This is done in felt and marker. I kept Sabertooth in his traditional 1980's style costume but changed Wolvie's costume to give it a more militaristic style with the cargo pants. You can't really see it but he still has the pointed kneepads.











Harry and the gang outside of a
building at Hogwarts. I like the explosion'y' thing they are staring atwhile the ground shows the shadow of an evil doer raising his hands up!



Below: Da' Bear. Sketched this one out just before leaving for back home at the beginning of the month and then finished darkening it up when I got home. Playing around with perspectives.

No comments: